Our 15 mode TENS massager is the perfect tool to relieve pain from different areas of your body. Compact and lightweight, it can easily fit in your pocket, allowing you easy access to pain relief everywhere you go.
TENS can be used for the following applications:
- Back pain
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Knees and elbow pain
- Wrist and hands
- Abdominal pain
- Leg and foot pain
- Sports injuries
What is TENS?
TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) is a method of treating pain through the use of electrical currents. It is usually administered through the use of a battery driven device and the current is sent via electrode pads that are attached to the skin surrounding the pain area.
How does it work in relieving pain?
A TENS unit transmits low voltage electrical pulses via electrodes to the pain areas. Studies have shown that these pulses reduce pain signals going to the brain, thereby modifying your perception of physical pain. The electrical pulses also stimulate the release of endorphins, which are the body's natural pain killers.
Benefits of TENS
- Relief pain in many areas
- Stimulates muscles and reduces atrophy
- Increases blood circulation
- It can be used in conjunction with medications
- Small and portable device
How to use?
- Install the battery in the device
- Connect the wire to the electrode pads
- Attach the electrode pads to your skin surrounding the pain area. Position the pads either side of the painful area, at least 2.5cm (1 inch) apart.
- Switch on the device. Click "Mode" to adjust different massage modes; Click "Timer" to adjust the massage time; Click "+" and "-" to adjust the strength (total 40 levels)
- After using, keep the electrode pads well, so you can use it again next time.
Q: Is the device safe to use. Will I be electrocuted?
A: Yes it is safe and no you will not be electrocuted. The device sends out a low voltage current and the intensity can be controllable from the device interface. It is very safe.
Q: Does it come with batteries?
A: The device uses 3 'AAA' batteries and they are sold separately.
Q: How long do the electrode pads last?
A: It depends on how often you use them. You will know when it starts to lose its adhesiveness. You can purchase additional electrode pads from this page.
- Do not use if you have stents, pacemaker or other implanted devices.
- Do not use if pregnant.